MEET OUR CANDIDATES
Today we are introducing Sarah Findlay as our District Candidate for Cannock South and County Candidate for Cannock Town. Sarah is a working Mum with a young family. Read more about Sarah here
1. How long have you lived in Cannock? If you were not born in the town can you tell us a bit about where you were born, where you have lived, and what brought you to Cannock?
I have lived in Cannock and Hednesford my whole life, apart from around 10 years when I was younger. I went to university in Bradford and then stayed for a few years after graduation.
2. What is your most favourite thing about Cannock?
I love how friendly people are. Whether at the park or the supermarket people always have a smile or time for a quick chat. Also being so close to the Chase goes without saying.
3. On a personal level what are the highpoints and best achievements in your life to date?
I was proud to earn my degree in environmental science and very impressed with myself for managing to complete c25k. But my greatest achievement is being a mum to my 2 young daughters.
4. What led you to be standing as a councillor now?
I feel that Cannock seems to be slipping behind some of the surrounding areas in terms of its town centre and its recreational facilities. I want my children to grow up in a town they can be proud of and not one that’s treated as a poor relative.
5. What issues do you think are most important to residents in Cannock?
I think people are worried about traffic levels, loss of green spaces due to development and lack of recreational facilities for their children of all ages.
6. If there was one thing you could achieve in your area, what would it be?
I would like to improve our parks, so we don’t have to travel out of the area for our children to play on suitable equipment and for our parks to be safe green spaces everyone wants to spend time in. We need to appreciate them for their ability to support our mental and physical health; which has become highlighted as a result of Covid.
Do you like this page?